Open Your Garden
When you open your garden with Scotland’s Gardens Scheme you join a long tradition of helping your community through both charitable funding and the pleasure of visiting beautiful gardens. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to meet many people who share your passion form gardening. We’re looking for all types of gardens of horticultural interest: large and small gardens, allotments, villages, kitchen gardens, snowdrops, autumn colours, winter walks, and so on.
You would also benefit from our many years of experience in opening gardens and receive our promotional support which includes:
- Listed in our Guidebook (10,000 copies distributed each year) as well as on our website.
- Listed in our District and Regional free flyers and calendars.
- Posters for your opening, available in a variety of sizes
- Various road signage (arrows and banners) to advertise your opening day
- Useful signage and materials to support the actual opening
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Press releases and editorial opportunities
We welcome gardens of horticutural interest regardless of their size. If you think you might be interested, contact us and we’ll arrange for one of our local organisers to visit so you can find out more.
If you would like to know more about opening your garden please contact us with your name and address, as well as a short description of your garden. Once we receive your details we will arrange for a local Organiser to contact you to discuss further arrangements and schedule a visit.