Hidden away from public view, this is an 18th-century walled garden, with main feature a Cedar of Lebanon, reputedly planted in 1750 by the sea captain who built the house. The tree is registered as a 'Notable Tree' and while it provides challenges for planting, in terms of shade and needle fall, the microclimate it provides has encouraged the owners’ passion for pushing boundaries and growing unusual and exotic plants. Distinctive garden ‘rooms’ in part of the garden comprise a perennial blue and white cottage garden, a formal rose garden and an Italian double courtyard with citrus trees in pots. A ‘hot’ courtyard contains exotics including varieties of banana, acacia, iochroma, impatiens, melianthus and brugmansia. A shaded walk along the bottom of the garden leads to a Japanese themed area including a pagoda. A large glasshouse houses various exotic and climbing plants. The garden has well over a hundred roses, including a National Collection.
National Plant Collection: Portland Roses
Champion Trees: The garden has a "notable" Cedar of Lebanon - 2nd largest in Fife
The garden is down a lane off the main Toll Road. SGS signs.
Cream teas and light lunches available for groups.