Our purpose is to raise money for charity by encouraging, promoting and supporting garden openings, whilst making the whole experience inspiring, rewarding and enjoyable for all involved.
2021 Annual Report
As experienced by all organisations, 2021 was a rollercoaster of ups and downs and once again was a very challenging year.
However, as a charity, we have much to be thankful for, not least of all our wonderful volunteers and garden owners around Scotland, who have continued to support Scotland’s Gardens Scheme and many other charities through garden openings, bringing great enjoyment to many visitors and support for each other.
Read about our 2021 year here.
Download2021 Annual Report
Our Charitable Support
Through our garden openings, Scotland’s Gardens Scheme supports over 250 different charities each year, with 60% of funds raised being donated to causes selected by individual garden openers, many in their local communities, with the remaining 40% going to our own charity and to our three core beneficiaries below, who we are immensely proud to support.
To read more about the work of these wonderful charities, please click on the boxes below.
“Funding from Scotland's Gardens Scheme has been invaluable in allowing us to continue supporting the professional development of community nurse leaders and promoting the welfare of retired Queen's Nurses across Scotland.”
Clare Cable, Chief Executive & Nurse Director, QNIS
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your most welcome support of Maggie’s in Scotland again this year. All of our Centres benefit from Scotland’s Gardens Scheme donations and from every garden opening, for which we are enormously grateful.
Laura Lee, Chief Executive, Maggie’s
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Scotland’s Gardens Scheme for their continuing support. The annual donations we receive from Scotland’s Gardens Scheme make a huge difference to the work of Perennial, helping to keep our senior caseworker and debt advisor in Scotland in action and improving the lives of hundreds of people in horticulture, and their families, during these very difficult times.”
Peter Newman, Chief Executive, Perennial